Welcome New IMSH Attendees! Below are a few tips to make your San Antonio experience a big success.
- Make Registration, Hall 1, Convention Center your first stop. Grab your badge, pick-up the Onsite Program Book and say hello to our team. Hours:
- Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday, 7:00am-6:00pm
- Sunday, 7:00am-6:00pm
- Monday, 7:00am-6:00pm
- Tuesday, 7:00am-6:00pm
- Wednesday, 7:00am-9:00am
- SSH staff members will be available throughout IMSH: look for individuals wearing SSH-branded shirts to easily identify them.
- SSH Central, located near Registration, is your “hub” for all things IMSH. Stop by and meet staff, pick-up information about upcoming programs, and more.
- Member Orientation. Learn about the benefits of SSH membership and ask our team questions. Open to new, prospective and current members, these events will be offered throughout IMSH; check the App for dates and times.
- Section / Special Interest Group / Affinity Group Meetings offer a great way to meet fellow simulationists; locations and times are listed in the App. Options include:
- Internal Medicine Affinity group
- Pediatrics Section
- Book Salon Affinity Group (CEUs available)
- Directors of Simulation Centers Special Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Healthcare Systems Modeling & Simulation Affinity Group
- Nursing Section: Refining and Redesigning the Nursing Section (CEUs available)
- Simulation Operations and Technology Section
- Super-Sized Simulation Centers Affinity Group (CEUs available)
- Critical Care Special Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Emergency Medicine Section
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Affinity Group
- Hospital Based Section Meeting (CEUs available)
- Interprofessional Education (IPE) Affinity Group
- Low-cost and Low-resource Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Nursing Section Annual Meeting (CEUs available)
- Patient Safety & Simulation Collaborative Affinity Group (CEUs available)
- Pharmacy Education Affinity Group (CEUs available)
- Safety II and Resilience Engineering Affinity Group
- Surgery Special Interest Group
- Anesthesia Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Federal Medical Simulation Training Consortium Affinity Group
- Florida Healthcare Simulation Alliance Special Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Formal Training Programs in Healthcare Simulation Affinity Group
- In Situ and Mobile Outreach Simulation Affinity Group
- Journal Club Affinity Group
- Mindfulness Affinity Group
- Perioperative Special Interest Group
- Physician Assistant Special Interest Group (CEUs available)
- Serious Games SIG Meeting (CEUs available)
- Standardized Patient Special Interest Group Meeting (CEUs available)
The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) is a scientific conference that explores the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare simulation. IMSH provides the tools and resources healthcare professionals need to advance their skills, impact change in delivery systems and practice, and, ultimately, to improve patient safety.
Future IMSH dates
- January 18 - 22, 2020 San Diego, CA
- January 9 - 13, 2021 New Orleans, LA
- January 15 - 19, 2022 Los Angeles, CA
- January 21 - 25, 2023 Orlando, FL
- January 20 - 24, 2024 San Diego, CA
Thank you to the following professionals for leading IMSH 2019 planning:
Krista I. Kipper, MSN, RN, CHSE
Simulation Manager, HealthPartners Clinical Simulation
Yue Dong, MD
Mayo Clinic, Anesthesiology
Shelita Y. Kimble, BS, CHSOS, LMT, RT
Sr. Systems Analyst, MD Anderson Cancer Center
In support of improving patient care, the Society for Simulation in Healthcare is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive a maximum of 44.5 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
Obtaining Credit for Attendance
Make sure to have your badge scanned as you enter the classroom. If your badge is not scanned, you will not receive credit. You will receive an email at the end of each day with a link to course evaluations. You must complete an online evaluation for each course you attend to receive credit. Contact email@example.com if you do not receive the link to the evaluations.